In 1938 Lionel Thompson established a Chartered Accounting firm in the same building we operate from today. His son Brian joined Lionel in 1949 becoming a partner in 1954. When Lionel retired in 1976 Bob Francis joined the firm and it became Thompson & Francis.
We grew to be a leading medium sized practice and opened a second office in Mangonui in 1980.
Eddie Aickin arrived in the Far North in 1983 and Brian Thompson retired in 1990. Dale Adamson became a director in 2005 and then Stewart Russell arrived from England in 2009 and became a director in 2012.
In October 2008, the firm joined the PKF New Zealand and International networks, and we became known as PKF Francis Aickin.